Caddy j hook t bar supports

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecollar84

Hi if I use these supports on a drop ceiling all I have to do is drop a Support down from the beams above to the top of these supports to make them Legal right ?

966480e217f5324b972a2e18d704fc89.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Those are for Grid to support them , no wire from what I read. They make one for wire support.
If your T-bar system requires additional support those will not work!

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
I've never used those, but here in Oregon anything in a t bar ceiling needs it own separate support wire. We usually paint our bundle of grid wire with red spray paint so the electrical inspector can tell they are the wires we've installed just for our equipment.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Not without an additional support wire.

-Hal

I don't know how these work but I would use the ones that go on a wire alone, the ones pictured you have to clip to the t-bar and then add a wire. Why not use the ones that clip directly to a wire.
It is my understanding that the cables need to be a certain distance above the grid also.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I don't know how these work but I would use the ones that go on a wire alone, the ones pictured you have to clip to the t-bar and then add a wire. Why not use the ones that clip directly to a wire.
It is my understanding that the cables need to be a certain distance above the grid also.

They are simpler and a tiny bit neater than tying your own grid wires. I've used them in stores that have open grid ceilings.

I don't know about any rule for distance above grid. If there is one it sounds like a local thing.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
They are simpler and a tiny bit neater than tying your own grid wires. I've used them in stores that have open grid ceilings.

I don't know about any rule for distance above grid. If there is one it sounds like a local thing.

How do you add the wire. Is there a clip or hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.