Calculations for Sizing Main Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer69

I am supporting a school project where an engineering company is designing a new school.

They have sized the main transformer but I want to know how they came up with the size. (no documents for this are provided)

I would think they should have a calculation prepared, using NEC criteria, with all school loading tabulated (continuous/non-continuous etc.). That way the total power consumption is known and the transformer size justified.

Is this the proper way to go about this? If not, where is a good place to start?

Thank you

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I am supporting a school project where an engineering company is designing a new school.

They have sized the main transformer but I want to know how they came up with the size. (no documents for this are provided)

I would think they should have a calculation prepared, using NEC criteria, with all school loading tabulated (continuous/non-continuous etc.). That way the total power consumption is known and the transformer size justified.

Is this the proper way to go about this? If not, where is a good place to start?

Thank you

Is that a requirement for sealed plans in your area? If not they don't have to supply it.

Normally a NEC load calculation has to be made. That should be part of the plan submittal to the building department.

Status
Not open for further replies.