Californian Electrition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
When Virginia only had local test the hardest test I took was the City of Alexandria, they allowed you to bring any books you wanted. Their position was you would have those same books in your office when faced with problems why not have them with you for the test. And this was a long, hard, mentally physically draining test.

One of the easiest test did not allow any books.

open book code tests are the hardest.

my apprenticeship class was complaining they wanted open book code quizzes.
just for grins, i opened the book ten times at random, pulling something way
deep in a section, exception #3(a) type of stuff, and then wrote a question
that could only be answered by exactly that piece of verbiage.

gave the questions with the answer key to the instructor, and he gave them
out next class. we all took it.
i got the best score, with 80%. i forgot where two of the answers were at... :dunce:

most scores were 20 or 30 percent. people screamed like mashed cats, and
no further request was made for open book anything. an open book test can
be easily made unpassable by anyone.

then there was the complaint that the grading was too hard... so the instructor
made the next test on a curve.... blind luck would have it, i showed up for class
half drunk, and the other half high, and blind guessed a 97%. pegged the curve
right at the top.

donaldelectrician

I think 95% of Californian licensed electritions got thier license in easy way, (5% of them are design-Build contractors).
they do not have knowlege about electrical science; They know that hot wires electrocute and some basic things.

On the other hand. exept california and ???,
licensed electritions of other states in USA , or at least most of them know what they are dealing with, they know more than basics, they know great deal about Elect. Engineering, they can design the system, they know what is behind the building electrical world........

wish I had C-10 in a state other than California.

Thanks to god, this Forum is the only support / knowledge / information I can get about........

..... TOROS

Great Post .. I learned by working and the Old Nec Code Book . Hand Book . uglys , ect Rhen a host of books ...

NO COMPUTER or FORUM ... Different world realy ...

Guys today have it different .... The amount of info out there is WOW . ...at your finger tips ..

I will still keep a LIBRARY ....Very Important to keep written material ...

I am retired now but still find it interesting ...i am hooked ...

You will never stop learning at this trade .....

Some times it is frightening , the amount of info ...

I always found that , Uou work at the vwery aspect you are learning ...You will shine ...

Motor control .. Work at a Printing Press Job while you learn ..Reading 100 pages of lLne Prints , with a 100 entries per page by my third week ....

The Old " J " test in 1984 Monroe county Florida was 6 hours and very good ...also , No man Worked at any job with out One Man wirh rhis Qualification ...

I partied th whole night before , had a bartendress wake me up with one hour sleep , got conleches , buche . ect and some partier gave me a " Bump " and off to the test .... I had a $25 bet that I would pass it ... I read the first 4 chapters of the N.E.C. , nor the first 4 chapters ...

I aced the first 4 hours , I found the bath room , i found a bar at the Test Loco ...some Post or Vet Center ,

I had 2 , straight 4 oz Scotch Neat , no ice or Water...

i took one 4 oz to go for the last 2 hours ..

I passed out for the rest of the test ... I barely passed ...

Hey that cf owes me $25 ...

Don

Don

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.