Call blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Verizon rolled it out to all customers some time back, I’ve been happy with it so far.
only had one that was pegged as spam and it wasn’t. No big deal, they left a message..

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am fortunate that I don't get many spam calls on my cell. My landline, however is 95% spam. My wife and I don't answer the home or Office landlines-- we check messages or look to see who is calling. If it is dinner time then it is a spammer.

I am always tempted to use the Jerry Seinfeld method of calls at dinner.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I am fortunate that I don't get many spam calls on my cell. My landline, however is 95% spam. My wife and I don't answer the home or Office landlines-- we check messages or look to see who is calling. If it is dinner time then it is a spammer.

I am always tempted to use the Jerry Seinfeld method of calls at dinner.
I’ve always wanted to do that!!
Unfortunately, all my spam calls at home are recordings. We don’t answer our phone either unless it shows up with someone we know.

sad that phone service has been reduced to that..

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Based on a recommendation I got from this forum, I use Hiya on my cell phone. Works great. My home phone service is with Century Link and they don't have an easy to use call blocker. And the robo calls are spoofing numbers and they change all the time

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Google Fi has a 'call screening' service-- if you don't know the number, click the option and a message asks the caller to leave their name and purpose of the call. I've never gotten to the place where I have to decide to answer the call or not!

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I got a call to my business phone from my house phone number and my name.... amazing what they can do
I once received a call on my cell phone from my name and cell phone number.

I have a business cell phone and a personal cell phone. I keep the personal one as it was my original cell number and I want to keep it for when/if I retire. It got hard to keep the battery charged in it so I just left it off. A while later, I get a call on my business cell that says it's me calling from my personal line. Thought I was in the "Twilight Zone"!:eek:

PaulMmn

Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
I have a business cell phone and a personal cell phone. I keep the personal one as it was my original cell number and I want to keep it for when/if I retire. It got hard to keep the battery charged in it so I just left it off. A while later, I get a call on my business cell that says it's me calling from my personal line. Thought I was in the "Twilight Zone"!:eek:
Maybe it was a call from the future with stock tips or lottery numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.