call me crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafis

hi everybody

i am trying to find if there is any a study/survey done on electricain working for them self and how many actually make it .

i am using that to write school paper .

thank you

electricalperson

hi everybody

i am trying to find if there is any a study/survey done on electricain working for them self and how many actually make it .

i am using that to write school paper .

thank you

im sure its all on how they market themselves and plan the business. a lot of great electricians fail in business because they cant manage it. the book the productive electrician has a lot of good tips for electricians trying to start a business.

i would love to go into business for myself but i dont want to stop working in the trade. a lot of bosses become caught in the business part of it and forget the trade. i dont want that to happen to me. strapping on the tools once in a while is good :)

Buck Parrish

i bosses become caught in the business part of it and forget the trade. :)

And vice a versa, It becomes an art they might be the ones that are not real profitable. Like the other day some one was asking if it was ethical to mark up the material. Well of course it is this is bussiness.
It's a dog eat dog world. I got guys bidding against me that use to work for me. And they charge half the price I do.

But back to your OP I would say their are to many variations and financial back grounds of electricians. Lot's of guys wives carry the insurance for example for the family at their other jobs. That type of stuff, etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.