Can anyone recommend a good portable bandsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Nobody has mentioned this yet but Harbor Freight sells an orange portable bandsaw. It sells for about ~$70 but somethimes goes on sale for ~$60.
I mention this because all those other saws cost around ~$300 and you can get five of the Harbor Freight models for the same price. Some people have limited budgets you know. Especially for a specialty tool which you might not need much.
I would [and did] replace the blade with a quality, fine tooth blade. After all, all these things are is a motor and a couple of wheels and some guides and a frame to hold everything together. Kind of like a little motorcycle.
~Peter

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
peter said:
I mention this because all those other saws cost around ~$300 and you can get five of the Harbor Freight models for the same price.
That's a good thing, since it may well take that many to last as long. :rolleyes:

Translation: They're cheap for a reason.

peter

Mr. Fine,
It is true that the Original Poster asked for a "good" bandsaw. However, he also stated that this was for one particular job. In such a case, perhaps a $60 Harbor Freight bandsaw may just fit his current needs.
This would be a savings of about ~$240 which will [currently] pay for about 3 tanks of gas! Some people do not have unlimited wallets.
~Peter

jrannis

ultramegabob said:
Has anyone ever used a wiremould bender? I bought a couple of them off an electrician that retired, I have had them laying around the shop for a couple years, havent had the need to use them yet....

I used them for offsets years ago. From what I remember they work very well.

cschmid

peter said:
Mr. Fine,
It is true that the Original Poster asked for a "good" bandsaw. However, he also stated that this was for one particular job. In such a case, perhaps a $60 Harbor Freight bandsaw may just fit his current needs.
This would be a savings of about ~$240 which will [currently] pay for about 3 tanks of gas! Some people do not have unlimited wallets.
~Peter

peter I can not even fill my wifes car for that..she drives a Toyota so were are you getting Gas so cheap..

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
He is a one man band saw and a more complex 3 man band saw.

dennisteeth1D.jpg
saws_sm.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.