Can neutrals be twisted like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
You are correct. It is a split buss panel so no main is needed but the equipment grounds should not be under one lug.

What is the advantage/disadvantage of split buss system? i dont think i have ever seen one like this, or maybe i never notice one.

resistance

Just stuffed in looks sloppy also but there is a fine line between perfection and doing a nice install. My work is similar to this

stock-photo-electrical-panel-1119141.jpg
Years ago, I was asked to be interviewed for a job. The interview was onsite. A site that went unfinished, because they fired the electrician. Well, when I got there, I seen his work and said: Wow, his work looks great!! The owner said: He was fired because it took him too longer to finish his work. His panel looked very similar to the above. ;)

Last edited:

Cloud

Years ago, I was asked to be interviewed for a job. The interview was onsite. A site that went unfinished, because they fired the electrician. Well, when I got there, I seen his work and said: Wow, his work looks great!! The owner said: He was fired because it took him too longer to finish his work. His panel looked very similar to the above. ;)

Can it be combined together? Quality and speed?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician

Funny I would fire the guy who made the panel looked like this.

attachment.php

resistance

Can it be combined together? Quality and speed?
As a business owner, I would highly prefer both. but obviously his electrician didn?t have those qualities. I somewhat remember him telling me he bided the job for one week, and the electrician took two, and still didn?t finish. I would have fired him too!! I guess he put the dots together?basing his slowness on the perfect 90 degree angles in his wiring.

resistance

Funny I would fire the guy who made the panel looked like this.

attachment.php
This work doesn’t qualify him or her to work in the trade!! And I hate when electricians twist their wires. I’ve only seen a few that do this, and most where from California. They would take a pair of the #14’s and 12’s (bare copper) and place them in their chuck, then twist them. Hated this!!!

Last edited:

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
... I hate when electricians twist their wires. I?ve only seen a few that do this, and most where from California. They would take a pair of the #14?s and 12?s (bare copper) and place them in their chuck, then twist them. Hated this!!!
There is only one guy I know that does this and he is from California. What is up with that?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.