Can someone tell me what kind of carlon box this is

It was so nice when the Fein patent expired in 2009 and then everyone could afford a multitool. Very useful piece of kit.
A friend and I were just talking about multi tools. We both kind of hate them. I mean they are handy and have their uses, but on construction sites seems like people using them all the time when they should be using a different tool and it goes on and on and on 😡

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
A friend and I were just talking about multi tools. We both kind of hate them. I mean they are handy and have their uses, but on construction sites seems like people using them all the time when they should be using a different tool and it goes on and on and on 😡
Kind of like using 'Kleins' as hammers and wire strippers?

BarryO

Occupation
Electrical engineer (retired)
I hear ya and they can be overused, like when someone uses them to cut a hole in drywall instead of just using a stab saw. But for something like this, they're way better than shoving a hacksaw blade between the box and the trying to cut the nails that way. They're very useful in trim carpentry work.

Kind of like using 'Kleins' as hammers and wire strippers?
Sorta but I think that is often different. Actually my linesman's are my go to "hammer" for tightening locknuts, except maybe when you go above 2 in or so. Linesman's are okay for stripping in a pinch when my strippers take the day off. It seems most of the time when someone's buzzing away on a multi-tool for half an hour it's because they don't know how to use a sawzall effectively, use a sharp blade, correct blade etc. (btw the Milwaukee hack zall is the only one to use, throw all others in the garbage).