Canless wafers in vinyl soffit

kwired

Electron manager
Depending on how tight the hole is and the design of the wafer you may not need anything. These halo ones close the hole fairly tightly.

View attachment 2569207
That one not installed in any kind of corrugated panel though. In such panels you need tighter cut hole than the template that comes with the luminaire to have a chance at getting a bug proof fit from most I have seen though most would still allow many the tiniest insects to get through rather easily.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
That one not installed in any kind of corrugated panel though. In such panels you need tighter cut hole than the template that comes with the luminaire to have a chance at getting a bug proof fit from most I have seen though most would still allow many the tiniest insects to get through rather easily.
It would still probably seal the hole pretty much to the degree that of the vent holes in the soffit material. They allow very small insects in too.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
It would still probably seal the hole pretty much to the degree that of the vent holes in the soffit material. They allow very small insects in too.
Not following the above.

The big shadow area in the OP photo is much larger than the small holes in the soffit. And if we look at your last picture, the wafer light is so thin that there's nothing on the body of the light that will block the end of the corrugation at the cut. So as far as I can see you can always stick a decent size wire down the corrugation and behind the back of the wafer light, regardless of how tight you cut the hole.

Cheers, Wayne