Capacitor conductor ampacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaelectric

I got this question on a renewal exam.

The ampacity of the capacitor conductors of a 21 ampere rated capacitor connected to the motor terminals of a 25 HP three phase 208 volt motor shall not be less than...

When I go to 460.8 and try it any way that is described there no matter what I try I don't get one of the answers exact that are listed in the multiple choice. I'm trying to determine if I'm messed up or the question is.

Jljohnson

This one was discussed at length on this forum last week. Perhaps on of the mods can link it to this thread for (I don't know how or I would do it) Bottom line.. use .33 instead of 1/3 and you will come up with the answer.

gaelectric

I did a quick search and didn't find the discussion from last week.

I don't know why I didn't think to multiply instead of divide. That nailed an answer exactly.

Thanks

emilfarm

capacitor ampacity

capacitor ampacity

I am doing the exact same problem and can't find an answer that matches
the answer on the test. Anyone else done this?

Thanks Tom

debra

I got a - Is that what you came up with?

I got a - Is that what you came up with?

I got this question on a renewal exam.

The ampacity of the capacitor conductors of a 21 ampere rated capacitor connected to the motor terminals of a 25 HP three phase 208 volt motor shall not be less than...

When I go to 460.8 and try it any way that is described there no matter what I try I don't get one of the answers exact that are listed in the multiple choice. I'm trying to determine if I'm messed up or the question is.

I got a for the answer, is that what you ended up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.