catv supports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken 6789

I would like to strap RG-6 coax cable down the side of a brick chimney and into the house. Any suggestions on how to strap it onto the brick? I do not want to use the nylon one hole straps because I've seen them become brittle and break from prior experience. Thanks

hbiss

EC, Westchester, New York NEC: 2014
Occupation
EC
There are a couple of different ways to do this. There are aluminum straps with attached screws. Then there are small one-hole straps. You probably will have a problem obtaining small quantities, how about hitting up a cable installer? Not all of them still use those plastic clips with the hardened nail. Actually if you get the proper size in black they should last outdoors. Black is the key for cable, attaching clips and ty-raps outdoors. Don't expect white to last.

-Hal

quogueelectric

Ken 6789 said:
I would like to strap RG-6 coax cable down the side of a brick chimney and into the house. Any suggestions on how to strap it onto the brick? I do not want to use the nylon one hole straps because I've seen them become brittle and break from prior experience. Thanks
Just use a staple gun that is what my cable co tried to do on my chimny all they really did was chip the brickface.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
You can use these:
antenn27.gif

Find them here, item #15-820: http://www.farnsworthelectronics.com/antenna.htm

ultramegabob

most of the big box stores carry straps just for that made of sheet metal doubled over with a plastic or rubber liner, mount them with plastic anchors. also you can get really small jiffy clips at most supply houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.