certified electrical inspector ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mryan

Anybody familiar with International association of Electrical Inspectors,and is it worth while pursuing their certificate.

mike107

I don't think it's a certificate as much as a membership. Well worth it. A great and informative magazine with up to date material. They also do very good Continuing Education Classes.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
We are required to have the certificates so if our wages are worthwhile (debatable) they are worth it :)

M_J_C

Anybody familiar with International association of Electrical Inspectors,and is it worth while pursuing their certificate.

Yes, I am a member of the local chapter of the IAEI. It is a good source of information, both for the magazine/website, and the opportunities at the monthly meetings. In our area, the membership includes local contractors and inspectors. At the monthly meetings, we have had manufacturers present new products, PV system engineers provide quality CEU's, training on grounding, code changes or whatever the 'hot' topic is that month. Monthly newsletter, picnics, and a networking opportunity.

http://www.iaei.org/

cpal

I also am familiar with the IAEI, ( recommend it to inspectors and other professionals) What is your question regarding the IO??

I also hold two of their three certifications. But that is not an answer to your question, actually what is your question?
Is it an advantage to be certified by that organization, or any other ??

As Augie mentioned , maybe. Is it a condition of your employment??

Or are you seeking professional status??

A little backround would help!!!

Are you a member of the IAEI?
Are you an official inspector of wire ?

You see where this is going I hope.

luckyshadow

Well the IAEI does offer certifications similar to ICC.

Now heres what I have found out from my research into the two.

If you take and pass the ICC certifications the IAEI will reciprocate their certifications with the ICC's. The ICC WILL NOT reciprocate the IAEI's certifications.

So if you take the ICC certifications you can prove your passing to the IAEI and receive theirs via reciprocating and have both !

In my part of the world - most jurisdictions or companies that want certifications, want the ICC certs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.