CEU Course on Electrical Calculations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henley

I am getting ready to take a 10 hour CEU Course to renew my Master Electrical License in Maryland.
My Last course was on NEC Changes for 2011, my local county is still on 2008 (soon to adopt 2011 though)
so I don't want to take a 2014 NEC class. My only other option is called "Electrical Calculations for Master Electricians"
Has anyone ever taken a similar CEU course? What should I expect? I am competent in Demand calculations, Ohms Law, etc
but I am not a PE. When it comes to phase angle diagrams and advanced multiphase current loads, I have been exposed to them but
not used them. I guess my question is, What should I expect, the class description is useless.

Thanks

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
..... My only other option is called "Electrical Calculations for Master Electricians"
Has anyone ever taken a similar CEU course? What should I expect? I am competent in Demand calculations, Ohms Law, etc
That is probably what the class will have along with some conductor derating calcs, it's all the rage now.
but I am not a PE. When it comes to phase angle diagrams and advanced multiphase current loads, I have been exposed to them but
not used them....
I seriously doubt you will have anything like that.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
The 2014 is not that different for load calculations and demand factors so it probably would be fine to take that course

Henley

The 2014 is not that different for load calculations and demand factors so it probably would be fine to take that course

The 2014 class is not on Calculations, it is on Code Changes for that cycle. While I'm aware of the main changes, they won't apply anytime soon in my area, so I'd rather not clutter my AFCI brain with them.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.