CEU for Nebraska...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Crusher

I am a JW in Nebraska. I am needing to find information on CEU for the state along with any other electrical training that I can take. The local colleges don't have a clue what I'm talking about when I call.
Thank you.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Log on to the State Electrical Divisions website. Call them. Try also Nebraska Iowa Electrical Council. NIEC.

Let us know how retaking the test works out because if you have not renewed the license by Dec 31 you are SOL. No grace period but you already know that if you are looking for classes now.

PM me if you need phone numbers.

kwired

Electron manager
What Tom said. Many community colleges have qualifying classes, but admissions personnel may not know much more than title of class. I doubt you will find one before Dec 31 at this point. There is no more grace period to renew an expired license either, you must retake exam to be issued a new license. If anything call State Electrical Division to see if they are aware of anyone offering any classes (they should at least know what classes they have approved as qualifying) but you only have today, maybe tomorrow and Monday to get your hours in.

Rock Crusher

Sorry, I guess I should have stated that I have already renewed my license. I was wanting the classes for CEU and for further education. I want to learn more about motors and motor controls. I know Mike Holts books and training are awesome, but a local college will be paid for by my work. I already tried to get them to pay for Mikes training, but to no avail.
Thank you for the quick response and offer to help.

Rock Crusher

Ok, thanks guys.
Apparently I've just been talking to the people that don't understand what classes I want. They just kept talking about the apprenticeship, or 2 year class, that they offer.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Ok, thanks guys.
Apparently I've just been talking to the people that don't understand what classes I want. They just kept talking about the apprenticeship, or 2 year class, that they offer.

You might want to check out Steve Arne's classes in Rapid City. He is an excellent teacher and a great guy. He is also involved with Mike Holt's books and publications as a technical editor.
Just for the record, I think there is a grace period for Nebraska licenses until March 31, but you have to pay late fees. After that date you are out of luck and have to retest.

Occupation
EC - retired
You might want to check out Steve Arne's classes in Rapid City. He is an excellent teacher and a great guy. He is also involved with Mike Holt's books and publications as a technical editor.
Just for the record, I think there is a grace period for Nebraska licenses until March 31, but you have to pay late fees. After that date you are out of luck and have to retest.

Grace period is no longer valid. kapute, gone, extinct, etc, etc. Good thing is you no longer have late fees either. Just retest.

texie

Occupation
I think this is second two year licensing cycle since they eliminated the grace period.

The Nebraska website renewal page says you have a grace priod until March 31 (with penalty). Also the official rules and regs on page 18 says the same thing. Am I missing something here?

kwired

Electron manager
The Nebraska website renewal page says you have a grace priod until March 31 (with penalty). Also the official rules and regs on page 18 says the same thing. Am I missing something here?

Apparently some of this information is not up to date. I know on my renewal notification it states otherwise, and am pretty certain it said this two years ago also. The news and updates page on their site also mentions there is no grace period.

texie

Occupation
Apparently some of this information is not up to date. I know on my renewal notification it states otherwise, and am pretty certain it said this two years ago also. The news and updates page on their site also mentions there is no grace period.

The news and updates page simply says if your license is expired, you can't work until it is renewed. The rules say you can renew it up until 3/31 (with penalty). It also says the same thing on the renewal form:
The holder of an expired license may renew the license until March 31, 2013 upon payment of the license fee plus 10% of
the renewal fee for each month or portion there of past the expiration date. After March 31, 2013 a license holder will be
required to pass an examination before the license is issued.

Occupation
EC - retired
The news and updates page simply says if your license is expired, you can't work until it is renewed. The rules say you can renew it up until 3/31 (with penalty). It also says the same thing on the renewal form:
The holder of an expired license may renew the license until March 31, 2013 upon payment of the license fee plus 10% of
the renewal fee for each month or portion there of past the expiration date. After March 31, 2013 a license holder will be
required to pass an examination before the license is issued.

Don't forget:

In order to renew any license, the holder must provide a certificate for proof of attendance of at least 12-hours of continuing education approved by the State Electrical Board, with at least six of those hours on the National Electrical Code. These hours are not required to renew an apprentice registration.

The time period for getting these hours ends Dec 31. Not enough hours = retest

kwired

Electron manager
Don't forget:

In order to renew any license, the holder must provide a certificate for proof of attendance of at least 12-hours of continuing education approved by the State Electrical Board, with at least six of those hours on the National Electrical Code. These hours are not required to renew an apprentice registration.

The time period for getting these hours ends Dec 31. Not enough hours = retest

Now I see where the change was put in - Grace period is still there but hours must be accumulated before the end of licensing period.

From the rules posted on their site:

All State electrical licenses expire December 31 of each even numbered year. Twelve hours of
continuing education, with a minimum of six hours on the National Electrical Code, are
required to renew any electrical license issued. These hours must be obtained within the
two-year licensing period. All expired licenses held after March 31 of each odd numbered
year cannot be renewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.