Chain-Hung Fixture Chain Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

MD88

Hello,

Does anyone know of any regulations regarding how far from the ceiling a typical fluorescent fixture can be chain-hung? I'm in a practically completely inactive seismic zone, so that shouldn't be a concern. I'd like to have the chain about 17'-0" long.

Thanks

raider1

Staff member
I am not aware of any limitations to the length of chain you are permitted to use when chain hanging luminaires.

Chris

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Hopefully there is no wind! That would be one heck of a swing!:wink: We've brought chain down in a V-shape to help with that before, for example, when shop doors might be opened.

Engineer83

As far as I know, there isn't a limit. But I would check into what type of HVAC units/diffusers/fans are in the area. Like cow stated, you would have one heck of a swing.....

Mule

I had a customer a while back that had a low hanging chain hung fixture in his hallway. That thing "bean'd" me several time through the day, made me mad...I was glad when we pulled out of the driveway....:grin:

Hello,

Does anyone know of any regulations regarding how far from the ceiling a typical fluorescent fixture can be chain-hung? I'm in a practically completely inactive seismic zone, so that shouldn't be a concern. I'd like to have the chain about 17'-0" long.

Thanks

Just wondering, is your feed to the fixture from the ceiling also? Would that effect the maximum length?

Status
Not open for further replies.