Chandelier / Aladdin Lift Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgr1

I have two chandeliers was has fell down already(not my fault) the other is still up there. They want me to put the new one up and take the old down and install two Aladdin Lifts. Once the lifts are installed can we pick the chandeliers up off the floor? The ceiling is about 23ft to 25ft. And about how much time do you think this might take. I'm going to be using a scissor lift. Weght about 125lbs.

stickboy1375

sgr1 said:
I have two chandeliers was has fell down already(not my fault) the other is still up there. They want me to put the new one up and take the old down and install two Aladdin Lifts. Once the lifts are installed can we pick the chandeliers up off the floor? The ceiling is about 23ft to 25ft. And about how much time do you think this might take. I'm going to be using a scissor lift. Weght about 125lbs.

I would figure a day each unit easily, but thats without looking at the job. Could be alot more involved. anyway, yes the lift will pick the chandelier off the floor, this is the best feature part of the lift. I've been screwed on some canopies though, they will not all work with the kit.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Do those lifts require access to the space above the ceiling? Is there an attic above the lift?

stickboy1375

infinity said:
Do those lifts require access to the space above the ceiling?

Generally yes. But depends on where you mount the motor.

quickreference_0001.jpg

Last edited:

stickboy1375

One thing I recommend is selling the electronic version of the key switch that comes standard with the kits. You will thank me! I believe they call it a smartlift controller?

sgr1

It has a big fancy piece of trim around the light box I would gueuss about 3 to 6in. thick. Is this going to be a problem?

stickboy1375

sgr1 said:
It has a big fancy piece of trim around the light box I would gueuss about 3 to 6in. thick. Is this going to be a problem?

Your box HAS to be flush with the finished surface, but there is pleanty of adjustable play with the aladdin kit.

I would read this PDF to get a head start in the install process, they are quite easy though.
http://www.aladdinlightlift.com/pdf/standardinstall.pdf

Last edited:

stickboy1375

frizbeedog said:
What does one of those lifts cost. Just the lift, not the install.
My cost

200lb unit is $649
300lb unit $779

Not sure what the 700lb and 1000lb units cost.

Not to bad since it will pay for itself when cleaning and re lamping come to play, easy upsell for any great foyer.

Last edited:

mattsilkwood

i would say a day apiece is pretty close. the ones ive put in took about 1/2 a day but that is new construction and the remote instalation might be a good idea in your app, your going to wrestle with it with 3' of space

Status
Not open for further replies.