Change order or extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
You can, but it has been a long time since I had a change order that the owner didn't require back up for. I could certainly refuse to do the additional work, but the catch is that if I am not trying to take advantage of the client, I should be able to show some sort of documentation. I know that change orders always have a reputation of being excessive, but in my experience, they rarely make up for the hassle involved.

I, for example would not authorize my car mechanic to do $500 more work than the estimate without an explanation.

I know what you mean. I don't try to undersell myself. I lose a lot of work because they think I am too high priced. I try to explain as well as I can what the price includes, some only look at dollars and nothing else. I have heard of many that were not happy with their "low bidder" because they later found out what that low price did not include and end result was higher than my proposal. No plans results in this kind of bidding even if not intentional, a good set of plans should make it clear what should be included in the bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.