changing raceways

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

Re: changing raceways

I think that the nec does address this but it is vauge, as 348.42 does say that 90 deg. connectors cant be concealed so does this mean that straight connectors can be? I think so or they would of included them in 348.42. now I would think that if you could remove a fixture and the connection was accessable then I would say it wouldn't be concealed. as if you were going to replace a fixturs you would remove it anyway.

348.20 (2) In lengths not in excess of 1.8 m (6 ft) for any of the following uses:

348.42 Couplings and Connectors.
Angle connectors shall not be used for concealed raceway installations

348.30A) Securely Fastened. FMC shall be securely fastened in place by an approved means within 300 mm (12 in.) of each box, cabinet, conduit body, or other conduit termination and shall be supported and secured at intervals not to exceed 1.4 m (4? ft).

300.18 Raceway Installations.
(A) Complete Runs. Raceways, other than busways or exposed raceways having hinged or removable covers, shall be installed complete between outlet, junction, or splicing points prior to the installation of conductors. Where required to facilitate the installation of utilization equipment, the raceway shall be permitted to be initially installed without a terminating connection at the equipment . Prewired raceway assemblies shall be permitted only where specifically permitted in this Code for the applicable wiring method.

Status
Not open for further replies.