Not open for further replies.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
LarryFine said:
Oh, come on. Who doesn't know Homer?
Homer who? Never heard of the guy.

For those who are not hippies from way back when, and who are not yet bored enough with this sidebar, there are several versions available of the story behind the naming of the song, "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida." One version is that its author was drunk, tired, or both, when he first played the song for the group, so that when he sang the words, "In the Garden of Eden," he slurred the pronunciation so badly that they heard it as "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida."

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum. :wink:

mxslick

sandsnow said:
That was on the Simpsons?? I am out of touch!!

Actually there WAS an episode where Bart Simpson substituted "In A Gadda Da Vida" for a song in the Hymnnals (?), making the organist pass out.. :)

Back on topic, it was already mentioned that coordination issues can cause the main to trip before a branch circuit...there are so many factors involved and each install (and the overall loading on the main breaker) will vary. If the load on the main is near its trip point, then it would only take a spike to send it over the edge.. :)

Some time ago I had a multiplex cinema lose all power when the main breaker tripped after a xenon power supply shorted out. The breaker for the p/s in the projector console (30 amp 3 phase) and the console's feed breaker in the subpanel (50 amp 3 phase) didn't trip.

grich said:
I have it! I think it's in the garage.

My college-age daughter shorted a 20A circuit with a pair of scissors
:mad: , and it tripped the 100A main for her floor in the dorm.
There's a story there. I'm itching to hear about it! Did she jam a pair of scissors into a receptacle? Stab them through the drywall and into the wires? C'mon man, the suspense is killing me!:D :roll:

sandsnow said:
That was on the Simpsons?? I am out of touch!!
Reverend Lovejoy, standing behind the pulpit, "And for out next hymn we have, "In the garden of Eden" by I. Ron Butterfly" *Organ music starts playing*:D :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.