class 1 div 1&2 locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

BENNET

is it permissible to have gasketed form 7 fittings in cl 1 or 2 locations, i thought all fittings had to be gua, threaded covers , also some seal-offs are oversized , is their a way to visually inspect reducers to see if they are listed or expl. proof i have not seen any? also there are 4 bulletin 800 gasketed abb plastic encl. @ each unit with hand selector switches(120v vessel lights) which have contact blocks in and no sealoffs in conduit run is this acceptable?
this was engineered off-site by third party and hired us to just connect conduits together and pull wires coiled up to respective locations (not inspect job.) just looking to cover my butt.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
a lot depends on whether it is division 1 or 2. your post is unclear on that point.

if div 2, the switches could be hermetically sealed contact blocks, which would be acceptable.

I don't see there is any reason why oversized seals would be a problem.

hardworkingstiff

BENNET said:
....is their a way to visually inspect reducers to see if they are listed or expl. proof i have not seen any? ...

The ones I've used have "CL1 Div1" stamped on the end of the reducing bushing (pretty small print).

Edit: I've been behind a lot of contractors that have used non rated reducers and offset nipples in CL1 Div1 locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.