Class 1 Power limited circuits

kgault

Occupation
Electrican
Studying to get my EC and one of the practice questions is baffling me and I would like some input on it if possible. The question is as follows:
"Class 1 power limited circuits shall be supplied from a source having a rated output of NOT more than volts and 1000 volt-amperes."
A. 1.0
B. 1.2
C. 2.0
D. 2.5

When I search the code I come up with 725.41(A) which states "These circuits shall be supplied from a source that has a rated output of not more than 30 volts and 1000 volt-amperes."

The answer guide says the correct answer is 1.0, but what is 1.0 and how does the pertain to question at all?

kgault

Occupation
Electrican
Welcome to the forum.

They look like the answers to a different question.
It does. This is straight out of the myfloridalicense.com candidate handbook though. The next question has the same exact answers with the correct answer being 1.2v (volts per cell on alkali type battery) I am guessing both of you are correct and I have been chasing my tail for nothing. You never know with these questions.

kgault

Occupation
Electrican
There's one more I think is incorrect too, please correct me if I am wrong.
"The individual conductors of a flexible cord or cable shall NOT be smaller than ____ AWG."
A. 17
B. 18
C. 20
D. 27

Section 240.5 states 18awg, but the answer is showing as 27awg. Could someone show me a table or anything that states 27awg?

Thank you in advanced.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
It does. This is straight out of the myfloridalicense.com candidate handbook though. The next question has the same exact answers with the correct answer being 1.2v (volts per cell on alkali type battery) I am guessing both of you are correct and I have been chasing my tail for nothing. You never know with these questions.
Believe it or not, I teach from a Mike Holt code study book, and even he gets them wrong once in a while.:eek: