class 1 wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
wha type of wiring must be used in a class 1,division1 hazardous location.

That would be Class I, Division 1.

501.10 Wiring Methods.​
Wiring methods shall comply with 501.10(A) or (B).

(A) Class I, Division 1.
(1) General.​
In Class I, Division 1 locations, the wiring methods in (a) through (d) shall be permitted.
(a)
Threaded rigid metal conduit or threaded steel intermediate metal conduit.
Exception: Type PVC conduit and Type RTRC conduit shall be permitted where encased in a concrete envelope a minimum of 50 mm (2 in.) thick and provided with not less than 600 mm (24 in.) of cover measured from the top of the conduit to grade. The concrete encasement shall be permitted to be omitted where subject to the provisions of 514.8,
Exception No. 2, and 515.8(A). Threaded rigid metal conduit or threaded steel intermediate metal conduit shall be used for the last 600 mm (24 in.) of the underground run to emergence or to the point of connection to the aboveground raceway. An equipment grounding conductor shall be included to provide for electrical continuity of the raceway system and for grounding of non?current-carrying metal parts.

(b)
Type MI cable with termination fittings listed for the location. Type MI cable shall be installed and supported in a manner to avoid tensile stress at the termination fittings.
(c)
In industrial establishments with restricted public access, where the conditions of maintenance and supervision ensure that only qualified persons service the installation, Type MC-HL cable, listed for use in Class I, Zone 1, or Division 1 locations, with a gas/vaportight continuous corrugated metallic sheath, an overall jacket of suitable polymeric material, a separate equipment grounding conductor(s) in accordance with 250.122, and provided with termination fittings listed for the application.

FPN: See 330.12 for restrictions on use of Type MC cable.​
(d)
In industrial establishments with restricted public access, where the conditions of maintenance and supervision ensure that only qualified persons service the installation, Type ITC-HL cable, listed for use in Class I, Zone 1, or Division 1 locations, with a gas/vaportight continuous
corrugated metallic sheath, an overall jacket of suitable polymeric material and provided with termination fittings listed for the application.

FPN: See 727.4 and 727.5 for restrictions on use of Type ITC cable.​

Status
Not open for further replies.