class1 div2 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

secure480

Hi everyone this site was very helpful for me, so here is the question. I am installing a supply fan outside a wet well chamber to supply fresh air into a sewer wet well. The 20 amp feed originates from a small panel under a electric meter. The wet well is class1 div 2 that is underneath this candy cane round piping made out of pvc. The sf is in the piping which is a 3/4 hp explosion proof motor. I have explosion proof flex from the pecker head and the motor is sealed internally. the feed is about 30 foot from the wet well, art 501 states to have a seal within 10 foot of the boundary. My question is can I have 1/2 exp flex from the motor to a 3/4 inch pvc coated conduit that run back to a ey seal before the electric panel. Do I need a seal within the ten foot boundary as per art 501. The fan and piping is about 5.5 foot high all the conduit is outside and 20foot underground

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
... Do I need a seal within the ten foot boundary as per art 501 ...
I first read your post last night and just couldn't quite understand it. I chalked it up to being too tired. I read it again recently and I'm still confused. However, you only asked one direct question and the direct answer is, yes you still need a seal within 10' of the boundary.

That said, you didn't define what you believe to be the boundary's location.

Status
Not open for further replies.