clc backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris1971

I use a toolbag. That might be good for climbing up a long ladder. Otherwise I wouldn't see much use for it.

nhfire77

I see hvac techs that routinely climb fixed ladders to access roofs using back packs, it's probably that one.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I see hvac techs that routinely climb fixed ladders to access roofs using back packs, it's probably that one.

Backpacks for carrying all kinds of things seem to be more common these days. I think the hands free design makes it more conveninet for some people for at least some situations.

I don't like them but a fair number of our engineers have switched to back pack style cases for their laptop computers.

fireryan

yeah i see alot of the hvac guys using these and thats why i was wondering. Seems to be lots of storage in them. I use a bucket boss bag right now and the thing is always a mess no matter what you do. Seems like this would help keep things a little more organized and would be nice when we work on grain legs and such.

John120/240

Had the bucket organizer one time. Yes it can be a mess & it becomes a catchall for crap.

It would weigh 35 pounds of junk you don't need.

I will stick with a tool belt & two pouches, one for tools, one for staples, wirenuts etc. etc

renosteinke

The CLC bag is fine, but I like the looks of this one better: http://www.toolpak.com/ , though, to be fair, CLC has one pack with a removable open-top tote. It all comes down to what you carry, and where you carry it.

The backpack comes in handy when you need to carry multiple parts, or power tools, up ladders. I use mine whenever I have to work atop a 'box store.' They're also handy for lowering with a rope, to retrieve additional stuff.

My "usual" bag is another CLC model - it is set up like the traditional electrician's pouch, but has a zip-cover that closes the tools inside. No more 'bag spills.' It would be nicw if it also stood up on it's own ... but replacing the usual belt with a shoulder strap and a real handle were good ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.