Clean and manageable prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

celtic

peter said:
Celtic,
That drawing you showed is hideous. The scribling on it is illegible. There is no excuse for that since we now have CAD programs.
If an architect did that using AutoCad's "Cityline" font, the prints should be angrily returned to it with a harsh demand that they be corrected. There is no excuse for this garbage.

LMAO

So when the architect gets your "demand", how rapidly do you think he will comply?:mad:
Why would he comply?:confused:
He has no obligation to you.

celtic

peter d said:
I don't need prints because I am an electrical genius. :cool:

Like Silent Bob?
silent.jpg

Google it :grin: :D :D :D

celtic

peter d said:
No, more on the order of Marc Shunk, but way better.

My High School English Lit. teacher would ask the class about various interpretations of the various "great works".
More times than not, one of his favorite rebuttals was:
We are all entitled to our own faulty opinions.

:grin:
LOL

peter d

celtic said:
My High School English Lit. teacher would ask the class about various interpretations of the various "great works".
More times than not, one of his favorite rebuttals was:
We are all entitled to our own faulty opinions.

But what if it's actually true? ;)

cadpoint

JJWalecka said:
Clean and manageable prints
Does anyone have a neat way of keeping prints clean and undamaged. I have used duct tape around the edges in the past. I recently tried clear tape but both were time consuming. I priced out $15.00 a page to be laminated. Any feedback is appreciated
JJ

Since most prints are black line and not blue line.

One is to get thick gauge plastic and cover the front and back.
Or
Think onion skin AKA Tracing paper from the a drafting supply store,
choice of colors, White, Tan , yellow. You can buy it up to 24 inch rolls and just lay it down and trace over changes and crib notes. Think of it as a see through post-it-note, the blue trim painter tape is the closest thing to drafting tape, have at it...

Use cardboard if you putting tools on your drawings. :rolleyes:

djohns6

Usually whenever we do a project at work , engineering sends us a package with three identical sets of prints . One set is the working copy where all changes are made as we go . These changes get transferred over to another clean set when the job is completed . One of these sets gets sent to drafting where it becomes the " as builts " . We keep the other mark ups as our " shop copy " till the new set comes back .
The third set makes good targets for the rifle range . Turn them over and draw a circle on it . I've given some away to friends with children . They love to draw and color on them .

We don't seem to have too much trouble keeping them in decent shape during construction . Discipline and threats of violence seem to work well .

Last edited:

JJWalecka

Thank you cadpoint, that?s an interesting idea. The prints I have at my disposal are the working sets. I would rather take the time to protect the prints once than have to be "gentle" around them when there is work to be done.
Thank you again to everyone who provided feedback.

JJ

Podagrower

I "borrowed" a blueprint holder from my boss, the kind that clamps on the end to reinforce the stapled edge. I use that for my clean, office set. Then I barter with the other trades on the job to take the electrical drawings from their full sets for the grubby hands in the field(mine included).

480sparky

Podagrower said:
I "borrowed" a blueprint holder from my boss, the kind that clamps on the end to reinforce the stapled edge. I use that for my clean, office set. Then I barter with the other trades on the job to take the electrical drawings from their full sets for the grubby hands in the field(mine included).

You take the other trades' sets of E prints? Now wonder they don't care about your work... they don't know anything about it then!

If I have to look at the A, P, M, or whetever pages to find out what another trade is doing, I do so. Why take that option away from them? All you are doing is making easy for them to say, "Well, how am I supposed to know where you're running your 4" rigid?"

Podagrower

480sparky said:
You take the other trades' sets of E prints? Now wonder they don't care about your work... they don't know anything about it then!

If I have to look at the A, P, M, or whetever pages to find out what another trade is doing, I do so. Why take that option away from them? All you are doing is making easy for them to say, "Well, how am I supposed to know where you're running your 4" rigid?"

They can't read anyway:grin: ...
The blueprints we usually get cannot help with coordination...

Typically, in my area, we run as many pipes as possible in the slab (new construction). When we are running overhead, the other trades are typically started before us, so we run around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.