Closet lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Electrical contractor
"NEC 410.16(A)(C)
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Luminaires (lighting fixtures) installed in clothes closets shall have the following minimum clearances from the defined storage area: [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]*Surface mounted fluorescent or LED luminaires listed for installation in storage space shall be permitted. "

Does anyone know where I can get lights tha meet this requirement? Allowed to be installed in the space?

Thanks
Andy
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have seen them in ads. I'll see if I can come up with it. The LED I saw was basically a rope light built into the closet rod. Here is the website http://www.winonalighting.com/products/new_products/winona_led/cl

led-closet-light_c-light_application.jpg

Last edited:

wbsteve

I usuall get away with using a recessed can with a shower trim on it or a fluorescent wrap fixture mounted on the wall above the door.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I usuall get away with using a recessed can with a shower trim on it or a fluorescent wrap fixture mounted on the wall above the door.
I think Andy is looking for a fixture that can be in the storage area. A recessed can cannot be in the storage area of the closet.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Status
Not open for further replies.