CMP Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwat

EE
Occupation
EE
I emailed NFPA to ask, but not hopeful that I’ll get a good answer, or even one at all.

How do I view the meeting minutes from a CMP meeting? I submitted a couple public inputs about a year ago (first time doing so), and I see that the First Draft meetings were held for CMP-03 and CMP-10 several months ago, but I can't seem to locate the meeting minutes where they would have responded to my public input. Is this something that eventually comes out? Looks like the meetings were in November and January, so I thought the minutes would be out by now. Wasn’t sure if I’d see some kind of status change on my PIs or what. As I said, first time going through the process.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I emailed NFPA to ask, but not hopeful that I’ll get a good answer, or even one at all.

How do I view the meeting minutes from a CMP meeting? I submitted a couple public inputs about a year ago (first time doing so), and I see that the First Draft meetings were held for CMP-03 and CMP-10 several months ago, but I can't seem to locate the meeting minutes where they would have responded to my public input. Is this something that eventually comes out? Looks like the meetings were in November and January, so I thought the minutes would be out by now. Wasn’t sure if I’d see some kind of status change on my PIs or what. As I said, first time going through the process.
Go to www.nfpa.org/70, select next edition, scroll down to the CMP that has jurisdiction over the PI you submitted, then select " Public Input with Responses Report".
Note that is not the final say. There could be changes between what you read there and what will appear in the First Draft Report that will be published on 7/2.

bwat

EE
Occupation
EE
Gah… thanks! I thought I had clicked through every possible link on the site, and googled everything that would lead me to it, but there it was. Thanks again.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Gah… thanks! I thought I had clicked through every possible link on the site, and googled everything that would lead me to it, but there it was. Thanks again.
Did they act favorably on your PI?

If not, you can bring it back at the comment stage. There is only about 6 weeks for comments, as comments are due by 8/19/21. It is not as easy to comment on a "resolved" (rejected" PI as it is on an accepted one, but it can be done. Most of the time, bringing it back to the CMP does not change the result, but sometimes it does.

bwat

EE
Occupation
EE
Did they act favorably on your PI?

If not, you can bring it back at the comment stage. There is only about 6 weeks for comments, as comments are due by 8/19/21. It is not as easy to comment on a "resolved" (rejected" PI as it is on an accepted one, but it can be done. Most of the time, bringing it back to the CMP does not change the result, but sometimes it does.

Yes, on one of my PIs they did act favorably and put it through the first revision process and it passed on the voting. That's cool to see.

I had two PIs and the other one was shutdown. Good to note that I can bring it back up if I feel strongly enough about it and I think I can state my case in a way that would work the second time. Thanks Don.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
This seems a very cumbersome system. If the NFPA is going to use TerraView, the responses should be available under TerraView linked to the PIs.

Cheers, Wayne

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
This seems a very cumbersome system. If the NFPA is going to use TerraView, the responses should be available under TerraView linked to the PIs.

Cheers, Wayne
They are in TerraView when it is published, but you have to click on "PIs" above the code section. It just doesn't pop out like when you had the ROPs where every proposal showed up in section order.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
They are in TerraView when it is published, but you have to click on "PIs" above the code section.
Are you saying that right now the Panel Responses are available in the PDFs you referenced but not on Terraview, and that when the First Draft Report is published on July 2, then the information will show up in TerraView as well?

Also, the PDFs with the Responses didn't seem to have any "accepted" or "rejected" or voting information, am I missing something?

Cheers, Wayne

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Are you saying that right now the Panel Responses are available in the PDFs you referenced but not on Terraview, and that when the First Draft Report is published on July 2, then the information will show up in TerraView as well?

Also, the PDFs with the Responses didn't seem to have any "accepted" or "rejected" or voting information, am I missing something?

Cheers, Wayne
The PDFs are what happened at the panel meetings, prior to the actual ballots, and are not official actions. Right now, what you see on TerraView is just the PIs without any panel action or panel statements.

No panel action will be available on TerraView until the First Draft Report is issued on 7/2.

There are two PDF documents for each panel available. One is the FR statements and that document includes only those PIs that were accepted by a simple majority at the panel meetings. Some of those will not be FRs in the First Revision Report as they will fail to get the required 2/3s majority in the final ballot.
The second one is the PI responses, and that includes all of the PIs, both those accepted and those resolved, along with the panel statements. Some panel statements may differ when we see the First Revision Report as a result of Correlating Committee action on statements.

When the First Draft is published you will be able to see the First Revisions and the Panel Statements on those revisions, and review the PIs that resulted in those FRs as well as see the PIs and the panel statements for the resolved PIs.

Also they no longer use the term "rejected". The term they use now for a PI that is not accepted is "resolved". Maybe that is more politically correct than hurting feelings by saying your PI was "rejected":):)

Status
Not open for further replies.