CMU Block Wall Receptacles

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
If you had them install like this and they were mounted in a different CMU block there would really be no way to run your conduit horizontally and you'd have to go straight up? Thanks.

1690986650868.png

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
You can run horizontal conduits from box to box. You just have to work with the bricky.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
They make concrete blocks that have sides that can easily be broken out by the brick layer with a hammer for this purpose.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Hollow concrete beam blocks. They can be quickly and easily busted out to go over a horizontal conduit in the wall. On a big job the masons probably have a large diamond saw to cut anything they want.
979877669285fe0dc26f3bebeb044c9507555087.jpg

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Hopefully you have a great rapport with the masons on the job.
I always did.
Same here. We had to install conduit in the block stairwell walls of 50 story building for lighting. A few guys spent over a year working hand and hand with the bricklayers.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Same here. We had to install conduit in the block stairwell walls of 50 story building for lighting. A few guys spent over a year working hand and hand with the bricklayers.

That’s really the way you need to bid this OP; your guys will have to be on-site with the masons, and there will be some lost time waiting on the masons while they setup each course, move scaffolding, etc….

Invest in some mason’s hammers and diamond cut-off wheels to help speed things along. If you’re not experienced with it, the masons will show you how to do it.

I pre-fab boxes as much as possible with the conduit stubs before we get on-site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk