Staff member
Re: code challenge

schla03.gif

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Wayne, take this same structure and set it on stilts, now call the basement(s) a parking garage, if the sewer and electric is run in this parking area under unit one to get to unit two where is the problem?

Many of the high rise condos I have wired has been done something like this scenario. There has always been utilities crossing one real property to serve another, be it in the slabs, adjoining walls, roofs, etc..., even insignificant conduits such as Fire Alarm systems actually go from one unit to next through living spaces. Can you believe that? :roll:

BTW, my glasses are fine, I still only see one structure the way I read the first post. Are you thinking this feeder ran across a section of yard then into another buildings basement to get to the otherside?

Roger

[ December 04, 2004, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: roger ]

iwire

Staff member

Hey check out this post from Tucson, AZ on another electrical forum.

posted 12-02-2004 11:15 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to the high cost of dual meter packs I would like to use two side by side 100 amp meter combos for a two family complex. The dwellings are separate buildings, the service is overhead, and it is not feasable to put a service on each building. Both services will be on one dwelling, with an underground feed to a subpanel at the second dwelling.
To anyone who has done this, how did you set up the grounding electrode system. Will I need 2 rods for each service? I am thinking I can leave panel 1 with my GEC, hit the water and gas, hit the two rods then back up into panel 2.
Two Structures, one service, and a feeder under ground to second structure. Both Meters and service disconnect at one of the structures.

:D

[ December 04, 2004, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: iwire ]

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Bob, I wonder if he has thought about going through the others basement to save some distance. :D

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.