I’ve seen lots of that & worse. Much of what I saw was before I had a phone with a camera.
Unfortunately, the first picture is all too real. Years ago, I got a call from a customer whose son was badly shocked when he touched the range and the kitchen sink. I discovered the power cord was fed through a hole in the floor.
Under the house, I found that, apparently during a kitchen remodel where the range was moved to another wall (farther from the panel), someone had fed the range cable up through the floor and into the wiring compartment.
The plug end had been "connected" to the original cable by passing a single copper strand through the hole in each prong and twisting it around itself, then taped over. All of this was just hanging with no support of any kind.
I opened the wiring compartment, I found no cable clamp, and the weight had apparently pulled the neutral wire of the power cord (3-wire) out of the crimped-on terminal, leaving the cabinet of the range ungrounded and energized.
My first job was with 1 of the major players in NC. They did everything from light bulbs to power plants. 1 of our leading foremen in industrial work called our crew to straighten out some things at his house. He sort of admitted that he’d hacked a few things over the years & he really had. Nothing bare /live but lots of splices without boxes, etc.I have seen stuff that is just as bad done by journeymen electricians.