Code panel how and where to write

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
How and where do you write to code panel for issue one has so that it can be either addressed this code cycle or next code cycle? Also are they call comment to code writers?

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
Have you heard of Google? I'm pretty sure if you spent 5 minutes researching it you could figure it out.

I came up with same website as Aguie :(. It wont tell how to actually submit comment, items not in code for consideration. Sure someone here went thru process please can anyone help

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Look at the pages immediately following the index in your code book.

Roger

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
No i dont mean AHJ decide. I like to comment on few items to code panel to include next code cycle how can I submit this comment?
Look at the pages immediately following the index in your code book.

kwired

Electron manager
I think in recent years the only method they accept has been via NFPA website. You must register to use the site. NFPA will bombard you with emails and snail mail once you are on their list, whether it is things you have an interest in or not. You do have access to all free stuff they offer on the site as well though, such as ability to access current and past editions of the NEC, as well as look at current or past submittals, ROP's/ ROC's and such that may help determine why a particular code section was written the way it was at that time.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The submission process is closed at this point in the code cycles. The 2023 code will be voted on at the NFPA meeting in June. The process will open for submission of Public Inputs to make changes for the 2023 code will open shortly after the 2023 code is published, so it will likely be open for PIs in September of this year.

When it is open for inputs, it will be found at nfpa.org/70 and there will be a click box to submit a PI.

You will need to review the rules for submission of PIs, as submissions that are not compliant are typically just resolved (rejected) with a panel statement that says the PI is not compliant. You also will need solid technical substantiation for your proposed change. You will have to show what problem will be solved by your change.

Pubic comments are submissions made after the publication of the First Draft Report and can only be about a First Revision that was published in the First Draft Report, or about a PI that was resolved. New material is not permitted to be introduced at the comment stage of the process.

pv_n00b

Every NFPA code has a page on the NFPA website and under the Next Edition tab it will list the calendar and status of the next edition. For instance, the NEC page is here.

Currently, it will tell you the status of the 2023 version of the NEC. When the 2023 is issued this page will have the information for the 2026 version. When public comments are being accepted there will be a link provided to the NFPA TerraView system that is used to gather input.

Status
Not open for further replies.