COMMENT 16-242 830.100(B)(3)(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmtjfw

I'm looking for constructive criticism on the following, and if you think it is merited, support in the form of comments from you on 16-242. Thanks, Jim Williams

4 Comment:

830.100 Cable, Network Interface Unit, and Primary Protector Bonding and Grounding.
(B) Electrode.
(3) In Buildings or Structures Without an Intersystem Bonding Termination or Grounding Means.

(2) If the building or structure served has no intersystem bonding termination or has no grounding means, as described in 830.100(B)(2) or (B)(3)(1), to any one of the individual grounding electrodes described in 250.52(A)(7) and (A)(8), or to then a ground rod or pipe not less than 1.5 m (5 ft) in length and 12.7 mm (1⁄2 in.) in diameter, driven, where practicable, into permanently damp earth and separated from lightning conductors as covered in 800.53 and at least 1.8 m (6 ft) from electrodes of other systems shall be used. Steam or hot water pipes or lightning-rod conductors shall not be employed as grounding electrodes for protectors, NIUs with integral protection, grounded metallic members, NIUs with metallic enclosures, and other equipment.

5 Statement of Problem and Substantiation.

I believe the intent is to require a ?communications ground rod? if no other ground is available.

fmtjfw

COMMENT 0-0 800.100(B)(3)(2)

COMMENT 0-0 800.100(B)(3)(2)

I'm looking for constructive criticism on the following, and if you think it is merited, support in the form of comments from you on 0-0 800.100(B)(3)(2). Thanks, Jim Williams

4 Comment:

800.100 Cable and Primary Protector Bonding and Grounding.
(B) Electrode.
(3) In Buildings or Structures Without an Intersystem Bonding Termination or Grounding Means.
(2) If the building or structure served has no intersystem bonding termination or has no grounding means, as described in 800.100(B)(2) or (B)(3)(1), to any one of the individual grounding electrodes described in 250.52(A)(7) and (A)(8) or to then a ground rod or pipe not less than 1.5 m (5 ft) in length and 12.7 mm (1⁄2 in.) in diameter, driven, where practicable, into permanently damp earth and separated from lightning conductors as covered in 800.53 and at least 1.8 m (6 ft) from electrodes of other systems shall be used. Steam or hot water pipes or air terminal conductors (lightning-rod conductors) shall not be employed as electrodes for protectors and grounded metallic members.

5 Statement of Problem and Substantiation.

I believe the intent is to require a ?communications ground rod? if no other ground is available.
This comment developed out of the comment on 16-242 for 830.100(B)(3)(2).

Status
Not open for further replies.