commercial inspector E2 EXAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTEX

Hello folks,i am a master electrician,tryin to gain my E2 commercial inspector license, i went and took the test yesterday,i failed it by 1 point,i made a 74,i really didnt practice no on-line test i just grabbed my 2011 code book and signed up for test. i really thought i passed,but i did not. I called ICC today to look at my questions i missed,it cost me $100 ,just wonderin if yall think its worth goin back to look at ? missed or not,they told me the ? i missed will be on next test,i also can contest any ? i think may be in question whether they are wrong or not. anyways just lookin for any thoughts,i am really studyin the code book,and i navigate really good through it,but i guess i need a little more studyin.

vango

So close yet so far...
Simply review your graph results, read up, and go pass it. Less time on what if and more time on what will be. The sooner the better. Know the administration rules found in the irc (ie 180 days permit, appeals, when is a permit valid, etc). One question was all that stood in your way for success, be the bus driver and take everybody to school...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Personally I wouldn't bother with $100 to see the missed questions. I would take the time to study, become more proficient at using the NEC book and actually learn more of the material. Don't take this the wrong way but who would probably be a better inspector, the guy who got a 75 and just passed, or the guy who got a 100?

mgookin

I'd spend the $100 and go find out what went wrong. It's more likely you misinterpreted the questions and that's what test taking is all about. Find out what you did right and wrong.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
I'd spend the $100 and go find out what went wrong. It's more likely you misinterpreted the questions and that's what test taking is all about. Find out what you did right and wrong.
you might even find that the test question answer is not correct.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Just imagine if you were to study for about 1 hour a day for the next 3 months here is what you will gain:

1. Be very proficient in using the code book
  2. learn a lot more of code material
  3. be proficient in your calculations
  4. Save your $100
  5. gain confidence in taking the test again
  6. pass with score of 90%-100%
  7. you will be a knowledgable inspector

If you challenge your previous test:

1. You will lose $100
  2. You may not be able to reverse the one question to bring your score up by 1 point
  3. If you do find "the one" question then it probably has to go through an appeal process anyway and they may not approve it

captainwireman

Just because you have an ICC E-2, it will probably only get you to level II of the interview process. There you most likely will have to test again with the state/locality specific exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.