Commercial Surveillance camera setup-

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw_ross

I posed this question in the other similar thread but didn't get a response so thought I would start a new thread.

I have a customer (small commercial retail) that want a surveillance camera system. Some indoor and some outdoor cameras. 8-10 total.

I don't have experience doing this but am not afraid to delve into it. It would actually be a test case for me to see if I want to add this service to my business offerings.

Researching things on the internet keeps directing me to a company called BackStreet Surveillance. Does anyone have any experience with this company? They put together kits, some pre-packaged, and others where you choose the components based on your needs. They have a lot of YouTube videos showing off their products and comparing them to other brands on the market.

I like that they have a number of camera types that you can choose from to make up a system for your specific needs.

Any reviews of this company is appreciated.
Any other company recommendations is also appreciated.

Thank!

Asc292

I wouldn't use them

I wouldn't use them

Never heard of them but I would go with something that you can buy from distribution. for lower end stuff I use Hikvision, can buy at any alarm distributor, its decent quality, easy to use, and setup. Dahua is another chinese brand I see alot of. There are a bunch of companies that rebrand stuff and may offer better support too, WBOX is adi's house brand, Northern is TRI-ED/ annixters, eastern CCTV out of new york has been around awhile and offers good support. You could also look into digital watchdog, FLIR, Geovision, Hanwa, Honeywell, speco or LTS. The brands are sort of endless but if your going to be reselling i would pick a name brand from distribution that has decent support. AXIS is big, makes nice cameras, and has lower cost offerings as well as high end. Blue IRIS I know a guy who uses a ton of it, and its a low cost pc based VMS that will take just about any ONVIF compliant IP cam as well as the consumer grade wifi cameras like foscam. I also see alot of I.T. guys going towards ubiquiti, cheap, good quality and feature rich network products and with a camera line now.

If it were me I would sell a HIKVISION 7216 with turbo cameras or a 7716 with IP depending on price. Hikvision also offers just about any style and feature camera that you could ever want, Bullet, Dome, Turret, or BOX. There app works fine but PC Client software leaves something to be desired.

If I were going to spend a little more I would go with axis cameras, and probably an exacq or milestone husky recorder. There Licensed products which sucks but also put a little more into software developement. axis also makes there own line of NVR's which I have never seen or used.

I posed this question in the other similar thread but didn't get a response so thought I would start a new thread.

I have a customer (small commercial retail) that want a surveillance camera system. Some indoor and some outdoor cameras. 8-10 total.

I don't have experience doing this but am not afraid to delve into it. It would actually be a test case for me to see if I want to add this service to my business offerings.

Researching things on the internet keeps directing me to a company called BackStreet Surveillance. Does anyone have any experience with this company? They put together kits, some pre-packaged, and others where you choose the components based on your needs. They have a lot of YouTube videos showing off their products and comparing them to other brands on the market.

I like that they have a number of camera types that you can choose from to make up a system for your specific needs.

Any reviews of this company is appreciated.
Any other company recommendations is also appreciated.

Thank!

Status
Not open for further replies.