Compatible breakers for a Westinghouse panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electron_Sam78

THe panel is around 50 years old. It's a commercial model with bolt-in CBs. They bolt in on both sides of the breaker. I think I will try to call CH on this one thanks for the replies.

Electron_Sam78

What type are the breakers? I can help you of you provide info.

There are a couple new ones in there from some recent work but I can't see the brand without taking it out. On a little tiny tag by the terminal it says type OC then after the UL mark it says type HACR. I only want to have one power outage when I unbolt the blanks and put in the new ones.

rt66electric

bolt-in blues

bolt-in blues

If they are the ones I'm thinking of G.E. or cutler-hammer bolt-ins will fit. The tabs are slighty different. I would trim the end of the tab with a pair of tin snips, the re-bend them with two pair of needle nose pliers. This style of panel is one of few that I refuse to swap out hot.. Don't strip out the bus screw.

zog

There are a couple new ones in there from some recent work but I can't see the brand without taking it out. On a little tiny tag by the terminal it says type OC then after the UL mark it says type HACR. I only want to have one power outage when I unbolt the blanks and put in the new ones.

Got any pics of the panel you can post? I may be able to ID them but cant do anything with the info so far.

Electron_Sam78

Just in case someone else has this problem, I'll post the answer.

I finally had to do a power outage and pull one of the newer breakers to take it to the supply house. It's a Cutler Hammer type QC (I misread it as OC earlier since the Q was so dang tiny the hash mark on the bottom of the Q was almost invisible). I left my electron microscope in the other truck...:cool:

Just a suggestion Eaton, put your brand name on a part of the breaker that is visible while installed and print that type bigger! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.