Conduit Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Here scenario. Fixtures say they are either surface or pendant. Think that could make difference as if pendant I would include whip up to a box. But my question is about the conduit layout. EM has to be in separate conduit. Would you run pipe into each end of fixture thus not needing box at each fixture( but it would be a lot of cuts) I think running conduit parallel to the fixtures makes sense. Fixtures are 10’ on center so we could get full lengths. So in my mind it makes sense to go parallel to fixture left to right….. right into 4” boxes.

Attachments

• Doc1.pdf
    64.8 KB · Views: 0

rambojoe

Occupation
Wireman
that is a huge request for info... it sorta makes a differance, to me anyway.... maybe someone could chime in for my code book got water damaged- but id see exaclty what we are allowed to do with emergency/branch circuits in the same box, not raceway. cannot remember. whether its a strip or not is important although likely it is..

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Here scenario. Fixtures say they are either surface or pendant. Think that could make difference as if pendant I would include whip up to a box. But my question is about the conduit layout. EM has to be in separate conduit. Would you run pipe into each end of fixture thus not needing box at each fixture( but it would be a lot of cuts) I think running conduit parallel to the fixtures makes sense. Fixtures are 10’ on center so we could get full lengths. So in my mind it makes sense to go parallel to fixture left to right….. right into 4” boxes.

If there is an article 700 emergency circuit the EM fixtures would be fed ONLY from it, and there wouldn't be a need for both circuits n the fixture. If it isn't, they don't need to be separated.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Questions:
What type of fixtures?
Is there a ceiling or is it all open?
Are the fixtures mounted to the ceiling or pendant hung?
If so, what kind of pendants-airplane cable or fixture Stems?
Are the EM circuits life safety from the emergency generator?

mstrlucky74

Guys. Separate 4" boxes for em and norm and separate raceways for each. Fixtures are surface mounted to concrete slab. THink there should be a 4" boxes next to each fixture and pipe right into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.