Confirming correct voltage

kwired

Electron manager
...also sounds like the pump is constantly running, even with no demand. For a single-family home, a pressure tank allows small demands (one flush and a hand wash) without activating the pump. I agree- constant pressure doesn't sound like a single-family home solution.
They are variable speed driven. One flush likely does end up starting pump. But unlike the customary on/off pressure control it is a soft started run and if there was little water used may never reach 100% speed in that particular run?

Though I do question whether the cost of these systems is worth while based on my own experiences at my place, but I have an older well that does pump a little sand sometimes and that is hard on impellers and maybe a contributing factor to some of my issues I've had.

Some these new wells are being drilled pretty deep to get into the good water so more HP is needed just for lift, though I guess lift technically still is mostly only from the point of the top of the water table.

These are often on acreages that end up having quite a bit of demand for lawn watering.

I only have a 1 HP pump. My wife often will have laundry running, maybe two or three hoses going watering plants, garden, etc. and it basically can't maintain pressure with that sort of demand. Been in that situation a few times where I wanted to take a shower while she has all that going and it barely dribbles out of the shower head with a low flow restriction device in it when pressure is so low.

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I can't see anyone wanting to use a well pump on a well that has not been used for a year, with a pump of unknown condition. The sanitary issues alone would be risky.

retirede

I can't see anyone wanting to use a well pump on a well that has not been used for a year, with a pump of unknown condition. The sanitary issues alone would be risky.

Even if the pump is replaced, the water should be tested after a proper flush.

kwired

Electron manager
After they get the pump working they can test some the water pumped and treat the well or pumped water accordingly?

Even a well that has been operating should have water testing every so often.