Congrats to David Taunton

Status
Not open for further replies.

andinator

In GA you have unrestricted (means what it says), restricted (200A or less). To qualify to take either you have to prove 4 years exp. in the field. No schooling required but can sub. for some of the field exp. I start school thursday for two years but have many more years than that in the field... I will definitely take the test before I finish school as I want to test on the 2005 code. Test is hard Ive heard but GA requirements are lax compared to other states.. GA is also the state where there are no reguirements for anybody with a license to ever actually visit the job site.

360Youth

Congratulations. I have begun studying for the NC Unlimited. I hope I do as well as you. As George mentioned, enjoy what you have earned.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
GA is also the state where there are no reguirements for anybody with a license to ever actually visit the job site.
yes, but that leaves the doors open for the AHJ to create their own requirements regarding this, and a lot of them do! They do have the right to refuse you a permit if you break their law. be careful!

I worked very hard to earn my master electrician license, I did 2 years in school 6 years on the feild and I studied for months and months before the test, thanks for all the congratulations this was very hard and I have worked a long time to get where I am. I am going to be working on my NC next and then Tenn after that I live in the north georgia area so I would like to be licensed in all three states should oppurtunity arrive. for everyone pursuing thier's it is a very hard test and you will need to study very hard, good luck to everyone and again thanks for the congrats!

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
David Taunton said:
I worked very hard to earn my master electrician license, I did 2 years in school 6 years on the feild and I studied for months and months before the test, thanks for all the congratulations this was very hard and I have worked a long time to get where I am. I am going to be working on my NC next and then Tenn after that I live in the north georgia area so I would like to be licensed in all three states should oppurtunity arrive. for everyone pursuing thier's it is a very hard test and you will need to study very hard, good luck to everyone and again thanks for the congrats!

I know you studied your butt off, and job well done on passing. I just wanted to say, sometimes you have to make your own opportunity. I got my license last year for the purpose of starting my own company. I stayed w/ my employer for about 6 months and came to the conclusion i was simply wasting my time. If i hadn't quit my job then, i'd probably still be there. It was a nauseating leap of faith to step out on my own as i had other mouths to feed besides my own, but it was the best thing i ever did. I looked up all the names of contractors in my area and just started making phone calls with the full understanding that at least 90% of them would be dead ends. But my family hasn't missed a meal yet and i've got more work than i can handle. If you're ever around val-vegas, GA and need anything, i'll do my best to help you out. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.