Connecting Meter base to Exterior Panel/Disco

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

I can't see the over/under approach to installation because of the meter base height requirements and ergonomics for the disco/main panel then being too low.

I am more specifically looking at how they are joined to comply with 312.2, last sentence in the paragraph before the exception.

I do no believe that RMC with a regular locknut on the outside and duct seal is meeting the intent of the code. Especially where it enters a concentric knock out.
One wouldn't/shouldn't be using duct seal as the combination is not a listed fitting...

312.2 Damp, Wet, or Hazardous (Classified) Locations.
(A) ~~~~~​
Enclosures installed in wet locations shall be weatherproof. For enclosures in wet locations, raceways or cables entering above the level of uninsulated live parts shall use fittings listed for wet locations.

A sealing locknut is listed.... (Wet) A simple locknut with a gasket...
Thomas--Betts-146SL-rw-86395-151071.jpg

As far as concentrics go - it would be VERY odd to find them over live parts on a NEMA 3 panel or meter.

As far as height - the meter at eye level - disco at hand level... But if I were doing over/under - Odds are I would opt for a gasketed self-bonding Myers hub - or if applicable the bolt-on hub available for the panel.

kwired

Electron manager
Here if you use a hub you don't have to use a bonding bushing.

If you are talking about bolt on hub where would you put the bushing? The bolts should bond it anyway.

If you are talking about a myers bub they do make them with a bonding locknut.

Status
Not open for further replies.