Connecting two homes via Ethernet

Because shielded cable was designed for the sole purpose to reduce / mitigate the affects of induced RFI, EMI, EMF over the air.
Point is that you don't need that for TP ethernet, won't hurt though.

Cost it out- if fiber is only 10-15% more expensive when installed, it's foolish not to use it. (It's also foolish to install only a single pair when a 3-pair cable doesn't cost much more.)

Or, if someone asked me to install an ethernet cable between buildings, I would do my level best to convince them to use fiber. Just as we're doing here :LOL: .

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
Tell me how 225 applies to communications wiring or LV wiring??
225.3 with the table.
Further, 725 and 800 on are not subject to the articles before them unless there is a specific reference back to the prior article.

-Hal
Kind of got that backwards chapter 7 modify prior chapters that are always in play. So conditions in chapter 2-4 (225 is one) can be modified by conditions connected to chapters 5-7 (725 is one). So there being no reference in 725 to interconnection between buildings or structures leave you back to conditions in 225, I believe PoE exclusively applying (725 wiring) and not strict communications (Chapter 8). Per Article 90.3 (2023 NEC)