contractor not paying

Status
Not open for further replies.

bth0mas20

I am getting close to the lien.

I even sent the bill to the homeowner and asked them to give it to the contractor since it is his nephew. I called the homeowner today and he said that he gave the contractor the bill over a week ago in person. I cant get him to return my calls.

I called the inspection agency and had them redflag the final so he cant call it in and say that he is me. Do you think this will help any?

growler

bth0mas20 said:
What steps do you take when a contractor dosent pay you?

I have finished the addition an not paid a penny.

First, do you have a signed contract?
Second, have you submitted an invoice for final payment?
Third, Does this guy know that you carry a gun and haven't been out of the mental institution that long?

Warning!!!!!!!!
#3 for novelty purposes only we don't recommend you try this one at home. It's illegal to threaten another person. I think they call it a terroristic threat these days.

JohnJ0906

bth0mas20 said:
I called the inspection agency and had them redflag the final so he cant call it in and say that he is me. Do you think this will help any?

The contractor can claim the job is not complete without a final inspection.

Have you actually spoken to the contractor?

growler

bth0mas20 said:
I have finished the addition an not paid a penny.

Is there a good reason that you didn't get payed after the rough inspection or is this what we are talking about?

If this is the final inspection then why didn't you get paid after the rough-in? If no money at rough then why trim out?

Again what type of payment schedule does your contract call for?

bth0mas20

I do agree that Im only entitled to the rough in because it hasent gone for a final. I was promised the rough in money a long time ago and I trusted that this wouldnt be an issue because I knew the guy for many years before he started contracting work. Lesson learned for me.

Im probally going to go sit on his front porch this weekend. This is the only way to be able to talk to him.

dan55

It is surprising who you can and cannot trust. We did work for one of my partners "friends" and we had to fight tooth and nail to get paid, and now they are pissed off at us. But just recently did some work for a used car salesman and get paid within a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.