Control exterior canopy lights using Power Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcosgue

Occupation
Electrician
Hello forum, I want to control exterior canopy lights in the main entrance of school, about 35 fixtures 45W,277V each. I'd like to use Lutron Vive system Power Pack 16S. My questions, I need photocell in the circuit or there's another way to activate the Power Pack? Which would be the better option to control theses exterior canopy lights with power Pack? Any thought that can help is very appreciated

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
If you are using the Vive System with a Hub, you can just use the astronomical time clock within the Hub for schedule programming.

If you want to interlock with a photocell, you can do that as well. Just wire it up like you were doing a timeclock/photocell control, but replace the timeclock with a powpak.

If you need a manual override, that can be accomplished through the Vive app, or you can also add a 2-button wireless pico.

marcosgue

Occupation
Electrician
thanks, but what make a difference to use lighting contactor instead PowPack, because I can activate the contactor coil with photocell, but I'm no very clear how to interlock a photocell with PowPack since these are class 2 output and I never used this type of control combination before. I would appreciate some light with this wiring installation.

Kansas Mountain

Occupation
Lighting and Lighting Control Designs
You're not using a powpak instead of a contactor, you would be using a single powpak to control the coil on the contactor. Just replace "clock" with "powpak" in the ladder diagram below. I've highlighted the appropriate powpak model numbers below. 16R = 16 amp limit, 5R = 5 amp limit.

1664204232183.png

1664202947074.png

1664204009176.png

Status
Not open for further replies.