Control wiring

TwoBlocked

Occupation
Industrial Electrician
Both those reds goto the motor starter, but there's no power coming from those Yellow wires.
You would not expect power to come from the yellow wires. Those go to the set of "dry contacts" on CR676. This acts just like a wall switch.

Since the reds come from the motor starter, one should be hot (24V), and the other going to the coil of the starter's contactor, although the circuit may include additional stop buttons, and certainly the motor starter's overload.

I wonder if there is an open circuit between term 677 and 677A, like a local e-stop. [Edit] And also between 679 and 679A

I wonder if there is an open circuit between term 677A and 679, like a local e-stop

Is there a schematic of the motor control circuit?

Last edited:

Jpflex

Electrician big leagues
Occupation
Electrician commercial and residential
Running into an issue. I called the control guy that did the wiring and he was no help so he gave tech supports number and they were no help.
I have a motor control cabinet that is suppose to send 24 volts dc to the motor starter to turn it on. This setup has been working for 3years and we just replaced the motor starter, didn't touch a single thing in the control panel, but can't get 24v to the starter now. We have the plc board talking to c678 which is working but we aren't getting any volts off the yellow wires which head to our motor starter. Appreciate any advice. View attachment 2571073
Check fuses also isn’t there a transformer converting 120 supply to 24 v dc? Check this input output etc

bgard

Occupation
Service manager
Neither of the cr676 relays are powered, the green indicators are off. What type of motor starter is being used?

bgard

Occupation
Service manager
With the limited information availabl, this would be my understanding of this control circuit
24v+ lands at the bottom of terminal strip at 677A blue wire it then goes to the left cr676 relay via yellow wire 677A on the n/o terminal, it leaves this relay on the com. Terminal and goes back to terminal strip via yellow wire 677, there it connects to the red wire with the black tape (to motor starter?) and another red wire at the bottom of the terminal strip 677 to ?.
the 24v- lands at the bottom of terminal strip at 679 via a white wire, it exits terminal strip 679 via red wire( to motor starter?) and yellow wire 679 this goes to the right cr 676 relay com terminal, it then leaves this relay on the n/o terminal then returns back to the terminal strip via yellow wire 679A, it leaves the terminal strip at the bottom of the terminal strip via a purple wire.
when the cr676 relays are enabled it connects 24v+ to the red wire with black tape, this should enable the motor starter as the 24v- is connected to the other motor starter terminal at terminal strip 679 at the red wire.
there would also be another 24v+ and 24v- at the red and purple wires at the bottom of the terminal strip 677 and 679A that controls something else.