Converting 25 8'x2 fluorescents to LED - 30' ceiling warehouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinotone

Hi. My first job with fluorescent LED replacement. This is for a large t-shirt printing facility. 30' ceilings.

Any recommendations/experience with brands to use? website? lumens & color temperature?

I plan to keep existing fixtures and use LED lamps, by-passing ballast.

Thanks

MAC702

I only have a little experience with this. Each time I had to replace the tombstones on the feed side of the LED tube with different non-shunted tombstones. The first time I did not expect this and switched on to a bolted fault. I also did this first replacement in my own shop... :happyyes:

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I only have a little experience with this. Each time I had to replace the tombstones on the feed side of the LED tube with different non-shunted tombstones. The first time I did not expect this and switched on to a bolted fault. I also did this first replacement in my own shop... :happyyes:

The newer tubes that I use can be wired either on one end or both. ie; same end- one pin hot the other neutral
different ends - hot on one end, neutral on the other. Shunted sockets won't matter on the different end wiring.

kwired

Electron manager
OP said 8' fixtures, which likely means single pin tombstones.

There are kits out there that can convert those 8' fixtures to "tandem" 4 footers. 4 foot lamps are easier to come by and more variety of choices than 8 foot AFAIK, even if still using fluorescent lamps.

dinotone

This forum is awesome. Thanks so much for all the responses.

These are all 8' single-pin tombstones. Actually about 80 fixtures total. Currently 110 watt T12 CW bulbs, with about 50% of them not working at all! The workers are going to be soo happy. I'm planning on bringing extra tombstones assuming some of the existing are going to have issues. I will be renting a scissor lift.

kwired

Electron manager
This forum is awesome. Thanks so much for all the responses.

These are all 8' single-pin tombstones. Actually about 80 fixtures total. Currently 110 watt T12 CW bulbs, with about 50% of them not working at all! The workers are going to be soo happy. I'm planning on bringing extra tombstones assuming some of the existing are going to have issues. I will be renting a scissor lift.
Do you have 8 foot retrofit lamps? Even in past when retrofitting with T8 fluorescents, many still used the kit to convert them to 4' tandem fixtures as the 4 foot lamps were the better way to go for the most part. I think they are less cost just because the volume of 4 footers out there compared to 8 footers, and you only need to stock one replacement type lamp instead of two types.

Status
Not open for further replies.