Copper Thief Gets 60 Years, No Parole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyoligist2

It's about time they gave someone a stiff penalty!

SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- A South Carolina man has been sentenced to 60 years in prison after pleading guilty to more than 85 charges related to copper thefts around Spartanburg.

The 7th Circuit Solicitor's office said that Jackie Anderson Jr., 27, also violated probation, so he won't be eligible for parole.

Prosecutors said Anderson took plumbing and air conditioner parts, mostly from low-income housing.

The thefts did nearly $200,000 worth of damage to get about $5,000 of copper.

Public defender Roger Poole says Anderson cooperated with police by riding around neighborhoods and pointing out the houses he hit.

Anderson's charges included more than 40 counts of second-degree burglary and 45 grand larcenies.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/18905411/detail.html#-

McGowdog

Finally, a story with a happy ending!:cool:

Now, I'd like to see the 'stards that accepted the money for that copper pick up the $195,000.00 slack. Then justice could be complete.

Dnkldorf

Don't count your chickens yet.

Some judge might rule this sentence cruel and unusual punishment. Now couple that with a lawyer that sues the state, or the manufacturers, on the thief's behalf because the HVAC equipment did not have warning labels on them, and he inhaled bad gases when he cut the lines and now has some disease because of it.

I dunno, some other judge awards him a couple million, and the thief will end up making out.

Sound familiar?

Last edited:

growler

SPARTANBURG, S.C. -- A South Carolina man has been sentenced to 60 years in prison after pleading guilty to more than 85 charges related to copper thefts around Spartanburg.

I think the sentence is great "but" I would be happier to hear that they caught 10 copper thieves and gave each one 6 years.

Judge Roy Bean was of the opinion that it is the certianty of punishment and not the severity that deters crime ( then he hanged a man for spitting on the side walk, that works to ). :grin:

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Justice is served and the thread is closed.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.