Cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

Is it code compilant to run Junior hard service cord in PVC conduit? This job Im looking already has the cord in the PVC and I will be just attaching female receptacles to the ends.

guschash

Little history of this job. This is a football field , on the sideline they have in the ground tie boxes, in these tie boxes they flexible damp and wet resistant cords. They have the proper male attachment at the ends. What they do is drive a golf cart on the sideline and plug these in. The golf is. made up to except these male attachments plugs. One is 240V which supplies three 120V cords. They feed the score board and the 24 sec. clock .

guschash

PVC conduit runs underground going to building that that has main panel. Thanks for the suggestion of looking in temporary installation .

guschash

Read through Tempoary installations and Article 400 Flexible cords and flexible cables. 590.4(2) says that type SE cable shall be permitted to be installed in a raceway in an underground installation, I don't see why Junior hard service cord wouldn't .

hmspe

Occupation
PE
Again, 400.12(6). You'll need to find something that specifically allows cord in a raceway in your specific condition. "... flexible cords ... shall not be used for the following: (6) Where installed in raceways, except as otherwise permitted in this Code". 400.17 is the only mention of cord in raceway I found in a brief look. It would not apply to your situation.

SE cable is not cord. NEC 590 does not apply to cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.