Cost questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbm

Can someone gives me ballpark number or guide to do quick estimate these:

1. 1500 feet run of concrete duct bank has (2) 4"C, no wires.

2. 1200 ft of 15KV, 400A cables run (conduits by other) - underground, cables would be 350KCM (good for 400A?).

3. 400 ft run of (1) 4" PVC schedule 40 conduits under crawl space, no wires.

Thanks

cdslotz

Takeoff every piece of material down to the nut and bolt, and price it. Get quotes on 15KV cable, concrete, rebar, excavation, etc.
Apply labor units to every item....extend and total Mat/Labor/Expenses.... apply OH&P

Poweranytime

FL EC
Occupation
Master EC
Surely a job like this won't be cut and dry. I would say there would be special conditions to warrant a specific price. Spec book along with prints, time lines, coordination with other trades and unique site conditions. Price, time and quality

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
This has got to be a joke thread that gets some conversation started, right?

anbm

1) $40 to $60/ft
2) $30 to $40/ft
3) $15 to $25/ft

Just SWAGs
Do some quick searches on several product sites as I do not have rsmean book, what I have been told from some engineers, the ballpark of total cost (labor plus material) = material cost x 2, your numbers are fine if only material, here is what I came up, the first one is tough since it involves more contractors not just electrical…

1) $100 - $150 per feet
2) $80 per feet for 3 - 350KCM, 15KV wires plus ground run
3) $12 - $15 per feet

These are questions from the client for budget purpose before they hire the contractor. Thank you!

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Do some quick searches on several product sites as I do not have rsmean book, what I have been told from some engineers, the ballpark of total cost (labor plus material) = material cost x 2, your numbers are fine if only material, here is what I came up, the first one is tough since it involves more contractors not just electrical…

1) $100 - $150 per feet
3) $12 - $15 per feet

These are questions from the client for budget purpose before they hire the contractor. Thank you!
SWAG = scientific wild a** guess

paulengr

Can someone gives me ballpark number or guide to do quick estimate these:

1. 1500 feet run of concrete duct bank has (2) 4"C, no wires.

2. 1200 ft of 15KV, 400A cables run (conduits by other) - underground, cables would be 350KCM (good for 400A?).

3. 400 ft run of (1) 4" PVC schedule 40 conduits under crawl space, no wires.

Thanks

2. Al or Cu?
3. In place as in trenches into existing or trenching in new construction?

Terminator5047

Occupation
Electrician
At 15kva you would most likely need a number 4 aluminum for 400 amps

what’s your primary and secondary voltage on transformer if it’s 15kv u will need load breaks too

cdslotz

If

1) $100 - $150 per feet
3) $12 - $15 per feet

So you can't do an estimate as I described above, but you take estimating advise from engineers....got it

Good luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.