Creative switch install pics - Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark32

A buddy showed me these pics yesterday and I just had to share. He had to move a customer's fridge for some reason and he saw this:

Attachments

• 20121010_135224.jpg
    20121010_135224.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20121010_135216.jpg
    20121010_135216.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20121010_135154.jpg
    20121010_135154.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 0

kwired

Electron manager
Well to begin with, installing a box would likely extend too far into the refrigerator space and not allow it to push all the way back :happyyes:.

templdl

The white wire, is that a 3way switch or a EGC? The location on the switch to which it is terminated leads me to guess that it's an EGC.

kwired

Electron manager
The white wire, is that a 3way switch or a EGC? The location on the switch to which it is terminated leads me to guess that it's an EGC.

Sure looks to me like we have a black, white, and bare. After seeing that picture you want to criticize not identifying the white as an ungrounded conductor?:)

templdl

Sure looks to me like we have a black, white, and bare. After seeing that picture you want to criticize not identifying the white as an ungrounded conductor?:)

I just didn't want to throw the baby out with the bath water as you do. I was trying to find a way to look for some attempt that it may comply with code even though it may have been a lame attempt by the installer. It does appear that he does have the wiring right.

kwired

Electron manager
I just didn't want to throw the baby out with the bath water as you do. I was trying to find a way to look for some attempt that it may comply with code even though it may have been a lame attempt by the installer. It does appear that he does have the wiring right.

I have no problem ignoring any marking on the white wire in this case as compared to otherwise accepting most of the obvious violations seen in that photo. I have made it clear how I feel about the requirement to mark the white wire when used as ungrounded conductor before, but don't want to turn this thread into a debate about that. BTW I was just joking around a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.