Crew Allotment

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
On another note ...sure this is pretty stupid question. Guys ever put a bender on a lift And bend while up in air? I know the answer is no as it's pretty dangerous and also not enough room.

PaulMmn

Banned
Occupation
EIT - Engineer in Training, Lafayette College
Done it, been there... I was blessed to have very good bosses, foremen and office staff who sorta.broke down the big picture- and gave me daily expectations and breakdowns of a goal. I like daily goals... We were a good team.
The kiss was'nt directed towards anyone btw.
I didn't take the kiss personally-- but I appreciate that some jobs should NOT be done 'the hard way.'

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Always, there are many ways to skin the cat. I will through out a couple of concepts and you can then assess them with your designers and crews. Check out Gripple or Caddy for aircraft cable hung tray, IF you have a clear path from floor to tray as in it isn't over anything. You can assemble everything on the ground in like 20 ft or 3 ft sections and then lift it up and bolt it together. There are videos. Or you can, ( at take on Larry's suggestion) have aa many people as you want hanging strut, that doesn't in any wany need to be linear. Once a certain amount is done, you can have crews working as little as 25' feet apart of possible 35' or 40' on straight sections and the can assemble 20, 30 or 4 foot lengths of conduit and then once the crew in front of them is done, you just slide the assembled conduit together. Call your Caddy rep, your Orbit rep, SP Products rep, etc. See what products they have that your Engineer can approve. Immediately I think of the SCH72 Caddy strut strap, that alone will save you 5 minutes per conduit per strut, all say long over a 3 piece strut strap.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Sorry it's (29) conduits and it's 30' in some areas and 60' in others and they want it in 4 weeks. Not possible the way I see it. Maybe with (3) separate crews. One on each end and one in middle but not sure that would be practical.

View attachment 2573050

You should pre-fab this. Our pre-fab shop built stuff like this all the time, and installers would place them with a duct lift.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
You should pre-fab this. Our pre-fab shop built stuff like this all the time, and installers would place them with a duct lift.
Can you explain a littlre more. I have another huge job with mnay banks of conduits. Don't understand( or how it would save time) how you prefab runs like this.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Can you explain a littlre more. I have another huge job with mnay banks of conduits. Don't understand( or how it would save time) how you prefab runs like this.
There is saving time and there is saving time. Your initial question is about time spent in the facility installing the rough in. I can't imagine that you don't see how you aren't saving time at the facility doing installation, so I will assume your question is the other. That is a lot harder to quantify. Prefab, may or may not actually save time, but it should save money if planned well. In this type scenario though, it is hard to quantify because each situation is unique, layout, experience, available facilities and equipment, complexity of the installation, all make a difference. At times is may not save money, or time, other times it may slay the estimate.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
On another note ...sure this is pretty stupid question. Guys ever put a bender on a lift And bend while up in air? I know the answer is no as it's pretty dangerous and also not enough room
They do make one designed to be mounted on a lift for smaller up to 1" EMT.