crouse hinds 200 amp panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

whittle1

I have a crouse hinds 200 amp rated panel with a 100 amp main breaker.Box #77030-08,type G panel board. Can anyone tell me the C.B I would use for the main in this particlar panel to upgrrade the service to 200 amp. I would like to aviod changing out the panel. There is nothing wrong with it... Thanks

jdsmith

No idea myself, I would call your favorite Crouse-Hinds distributor and give them the information you posted - doing that kind of legwork is what justifies their markup on non-stock items.

norcal

I have a crouse hinds 200 amp rated panel with a 100 amp main breaker.Box #77030-08,type G panel board. Can anyone tell me the C.B I would use for the main in this particlar panel to upgrrade the service to 200 amp. I would like to aviod changing out the panel.

There is nothing wrong with it... Thanks

Besides being Crouse-Hinds? Siemens owns them now & returned the orig name of "Murray" to the line, & many items may have been dropped , so good luck with your search.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Can anyone tell me the C.B I would use for the main in this particlar panel to upgrrade the service to 200 amp.

Besides being Crouse-Hinds? Siemens owns them now & returned the orig name of "Murray" to the line, & many items may have been dropped , so good luck with your search.
Check the panel label again. I bet at least some of the approved main-breaker types are still available.

mcclary's electrical

I have several stab in 200's that I keep. I have replacedcountless stab in mains by crouse hinds. They are famous for burning the main and the bussing. The thing needs to be replaced

OTL

I have a crouse hinds 200 amp rated panel with a 100 amp main breaker.Box #77030-08,type G panel board. Can anyone tell me the C.B I would use for the main in this particlar panel to upgrrade the service to 200 amp. I would like to aviod changing out the panel. There is nothing wrong with it... Thanks

Well, I'm in the same boat as of early today. About 1/2 the house flickered and then died. Opened up the Crouse-Hinds 77030-08,type G in the basement with 200A main breaker (MPD2200). All breakers are closed but left side buss shows zero volts. I'm in the market for a new main breaker.

So...Here's the fruits of my research. Perhaps someone will find this useful. All the regular disclaimers of internet information apply, but I think I've nailed the breaker compatibility/availability thing for this particular Crouse-Hinds stabin panel.

First, the 200A main seems to be available from both Siemens and GE. Here's the Siemens cross reference link > http://www.sea.siemens.com/us/Products/Residential-Electrical/Pages/competitive-cross-ref.aspx Type 'MPD2200' in the search box and select 'Murray'.

Second, Eaton touts their line of replacement 1 and 2 pole up to 50A here >http://www.eaton.com/ecm/idcplg?IdcService=GET_FILE&dID=296934

FWIW, I found the 200A main available for < $90 including shipping.

HTH. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.